How to optimize images for the Apps and web?
Guides optimize images for the Apps and web:
Faster than Flash. Optimize web images and achieve quality, loading speed, and better position on Google
One of the main causes of slowness in websites and applications is the inappropriate use of images. Learn how to optimize images for the web, as powerful ally with search tools and contribute to a higher rate of permanence.
Understanding the basics of compression, image quality and the advantages of the use of each type of image enables us to make better choices. This can mean better images with higher loading speeds.
What is optimizing an image?
An optimized image means that it has high performance, i.e.:
- High-quality file format;
- File size in optimal dimensions – uses the lowest secure value possible.
Why optimize web images?
From reports made on thousands of sites, they have identified that the optimal loading time of a site is a maximum of 3 seconds. Lack of patience or not, what the study points out is that more than half of visitors give up if the interval is longer than this time. In addition, optimized images:
- Enhance the user experience;
- Reduce early user abandonment;
- Allow the visitor to depart and visit more pages of the site;
- They improve rank, and their position in search engines – more chances against competitors, without cost.
Common mistakes made when choosing the file type:
- Inappropriate size – large images in height and width;
- Inappropriate format – each format has better use in a given situation;
- Heavy images – excess KB;
- Lower storage and bandwidth – possible savings in hosting and CDN (Content Delivery Network;
- Faster backups of site content.
How to optimize images for web:
You can optimize the original image using a graphical software, website, computer utility, or plug-in.
- Open the image in Photoshop;
- “File” menu > “Save for Web”;
- In the dialog box, choose the JPEG option and one of the quality options;
- You can click “Preview” to see how the image turned out and click “Save” to confirm.
- Open the image in GIMP;
- Menu File > Export as;
- In the dialog box, name the file and click “Export.”
JPEG Compressor website
Both are free applications that use an intelligent compression technique with some loss by reducing the size of PNG and JPG files, respectively.
- Visit JPEG Compressor.
- Upload or simply drag and drop the images in the box indicated.
- After compression, download the files.
They also have an extension for Photoshop that combines the best of TinyPNG and TinyJPG within Photoshop.
Using a jpeg mini website
It uses lossless compression technology that significantly reduces image size without affecting the quality and real-time comparison of the quality of your original image and compressed image.
You can use the web version for free or buy the program for your computer. They also have a paid API to automate the process for your server.
Using image optimization plugins for WordPress
If you have a multi-authored website and need an automated solution, you can try a WordPress image compression plugin. Using any of these will help you speed up your site.
Optimiole.com – a popular plugin by the team behind Theme.
EWWW Image Optimizer – allows you to automatically optimize images during the download of older images, with the advantage of optimizing images generated by other WordPress plugins and stored outside your media library.
Compress JPG & PNG images – TinyPNG team plugin. Requires creating an account and has a limit of 100 optimized photos per month in the free account.
Imagify.io – WP Rocket plugin. Compresses images, based on algorithms. Restores gallery images automatically when uninstalled.
ShortPixel -optimizes the images as soon as the plugin is activated and stores the original images in a separate folder. The free account only allows 100 images per month.
Smush – detects images that are larger than the space in which it is being used. The plugin highlights the image on the site so that it is optimized to the exact size and can optimize multiple images simultaneously;
reSmush.it – allows you to automatically optimize images during download and offers the option of optimizing older images. If you are not looking for very flexible image compression options, it offers the best performance, making a real difference in file size.
Hope you guys like this article, if you like this content then share it on social media. If you want more articles like this do visit Zasuk.com.